Wednesday, November 20, 2013

This week I saw plenty of the Tachysoma sp. and the Euplotes sp. however that is all I could identify (Patterson 2003). Either all of the other organisms died or were killed and eaten but none the less all I could find in my micro aquarium were those two different organisms with almost an hour of viewing time. This actually surprises me because I figured with all of the other life that was in the aquarium the first time I viewed it that it would continue to have a diverse aquatic population of inhabitants. Either their was not enough sun light on the aquarium or the water become toxic or like I previously stated every thing else was eaten. What ever the case is this was an interesting experiment and really neat seeing all of the organisms in the water under a microscope. Really makes a person think twice about drinking out of a spring or a creek! Patterson D.J. (Print) Free Living Freshwater Protozoa Washington DC 2003. McFarland, Kenneth [Internet] Botany 111 Fall 2013. [cited 20 Nov 2013]. Available from http://botany1112013.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment